Monday, December 21, 2009

Working the night shift...

Apologies for our recent hiatus from the blogging-scene. I know all of you die hard fans out there(aka our techy grandparents) were missing hearing updates on our lives. Well, where do we begin? First off, probably should explain why I am blogging at 345am. I started a new job in September working nights (7am-7:30am) in pediatrics at Mount Sinai Hospital. It's my first job as a new RN and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. I attempting to try to keep records/stories of my first year...some think I should try to publish something at some point. We will see -- from a girl who never took English in college :) Greg has been continuing to work hard towards his MBA which he will finish in August 2010. I really don't know how he does full time work and school - he's my hero.

Thanksgiving we spent with Greg's dad, stepmom, aunt and uncle in St Michaels, Maryland. It was a wonderful time spent catching up with family (and me catching up on sleep too from 3 back to back night shifts before we left...I learned the hard way that sleeping in a car does not work). For Christmas we are headed to be with my family in Ohio - we leave on Dec 22nd. We are so looking forward to the time away from the city and to be with family.

Although messing with your sleep schedule, night shift work does have its benefits -- like yesterday when I walked out the hospital to freshly fallen snow in Central Park. The city is so pretty (and so much lighter!) with the snow. I guess winter does have some redeeming qualities after all.

Well, I promise to post more with the new year! We will have pictures to share soon from our Ohio travels. Lots of love to everyone and have a very merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I think it is a great idea to chronicle your life as a newly minted nurse and what goes on during the night shift (I remember those times in my career life...it is when I learned to drink coffee!). For some reason I feel compelled to share another blogger's link - 'Conversion Diary' - with you as I believe this writer is now doing some radio interviews & perhaps thinking of publishing of her work. I haven't kept up with her blog as I would like, but I enjoy it....http://www.conversiondiary.com/